Disposable vapes have become increasingly popular due to their convenience and ease of use. However, even the most reliable devices can run into issues, and one of the most common problems is a burnt coil. If you’ve ever experienced that unpleasant burnt taste while vaping, don’t worry – you’re not alone. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll walk you through the steps to fix a burnt coil in a disposable vape, so you can enjoy your vaping experience to the fullest once again.
Understanding the Burnt Coil Problem
Before we dive into the solution, let’s start by understanding why disposable vape coils get burnt in the first place. This knowledge will help you prevent future issues and troubleshoot effectively.
What Causes a Burnt Coil?
A burnt coil typically occurs due to the following reasons:
- Dry Hits: Vaping without enough e-liquid in the tank can lead to dry hits, which cause the coil to overheat and burn.
- Chain Vaping: Continuous vaping without allowing the coil to cool down can lead to overheating and eventually burning.
- Low-Quality E-Liquid: Poor-quality or expired e-liquids can gunk up the coil, leading to a burnt taste.
- High Wattage: Using a disposable vape at a wattage higher than recommended by the manufacturer can result in a burnt coil.
- Old Coil: Disposable vapes have a limited lifespan, and an old coil can produce a burnt taste.
Now that we know why burnt coils happen, let’s move on to the steps to fix the issue.
Materials You’ll Need
Before attempting to fix a burnt coil, gather the necessary materials. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Replacement Coil: If you have one available, great! If not, check the compatibility of your disposable vape with replacement coils.
- Paper Towel: For cleaning and wiping down the components.
- Rubbing Alcohol: To clean the tank and coil.
- Needle or Pin: For poking small holes in the coil wick to improve e-liquid flow.
- E-Liquid: Make sure it’s high-quality and compatible with your vape.
- Patience: This process may take some time, so be prepared to invest a little effort.
The Step-by-Step Guide to Fixing a Burnt Coil
Now that you’re prepared, let’s get into the nitty-gritty of fixing that burnt coil in your disposable vape.
Disassemble the Vape
Carefully disassemble your disposable vape. Most disposable vapes consist of a battery, a tank, and a coil. Remove the coil from the tank.
Clean the Components
Using a paper towel dampened with rubbing alcohol, clean the tank and coil thoroughly. This will remove any residue that might be contributing to the burnt taste.
Inspect the Coil
Examine the coil carefully for any signs of damage or wear. If it appears damaged, it’s best to replace it with a new one. If it looks okay, proceed to the next step.
Prime the Coil
To ensure your coil doesn’t burn again, you need to prime it properly. Saturate the coil’s wick with e-liquid by placing a few drops directly onto it. Be patient; allow the e-liquid to soak into the wick for a few minutes.
Adjust Your Vaping Habits
To prevent future burnt coils, adjust your vaping habits:
- Avoid chain vaping.
- Take shorter puffs.
- Use the recommended wattage.
- Don’t let your e-liquid run too low.
Poke the Wick (Optional)
If you’re still experiencing a burnt taste, you can gently poke a few holes in the coil’s wick with a needle or pin. This can improve e-liquid flow and alleviate the burnt taste.
Reassemble and Test
Put your disposable vape back together, making sure all components are securely in place. Fill the tank with e-liquid and let it sit for a few minutes to ensure proper wicking. Then, take a few test puffs to check if the burnt taste is gone.
Preventing Burnt Coils in the Future
Now that you’ve successfully fixed your burnt coil, it’s essential to know how to prevent this issue from happening again. Here are some tips:
- Monitor E-Liquid Levels: Always keep an eye on your e-liquid levels to avoid dry hits.
- Follow Wattage Recommendations: Stick to the recommended wattage range for your disposable vape.
- Use High-Quality E-Liquids: Invest in quality e-liquids from reputable brands to avoid gunk buildup.
- Replace Coils Regularly: Disposable vapes have a limited lifespan; replace them as needed.
- Clean Your Vape: Periodically clean your vape’s components to prevent residue buildup.
- Take It Slow: Avoid rapid, continuous vaping; take short breaks between puffs to let the coil cool down.
A burnt coil can be a frustrating experience, but with the right knowledge and a bit of patience, you can easily fix the issue and enjoy your disposable vape to the fullest. Remember to follow the steps outlined in this guide and take preventive measures to ensure your coils stay in good condition. Vaping should be a pleasurable experience, and with proper care, you can keep those burnt tastes at bay. Happy vaping!